Open positions at CCB

Graduate student openings with CCB faculty

Most of the CCB faculty are looking for new Ph.D. students this year and every year. Much more information about our work can be found at individual lab pages.

How to Apply as a Ph.D. student:

Many students write to us directly asking if they can join the lab. While we appreciate your interest, this is not how Ph.D. applications are considered at Hopkins. Instead, you should apply directly to the Ph.D. program through one of the Departments that the faculty belong to. These include the Department of Biomedical Engineering (WSE and SOM), Computer Science (WSE), Biostatistics (BSPH), Genetic Engineering (SOM), and Biology (KSAS). Make sure to specify on your application the name of the specific faculty member (or members) with whom you are interested in studying, which will ensure that those professors see your application.
Abbreviations: WSE, Whiting School of Engineering; SOM, School of Medicine; BSPH, Bloomberg School of Public Health; KSAS, Krieger School of Arts and Sciences.

You can find out more about our Ph.D. programs here.

Faculty search in Genomics in the Department of Biomedical Engineering

Beginning in January 2018, the Department of Biomedical Engineering has openings for new tenure-track faculty members in genomics. As of the fall of 2018, at least one position is still open. Please see for information on how to apply.